Plugsurfing is a pioneer in the field of electromobility that provides the drivers of electric vehicles
with access to the partner charging station operators’ charging infrastructure by means of
Smartphone apps or Charging Key s. Users of Plugsurfing receive information via the app and/or the
website regarding the locations of charging stations and their availability. Unassigned stations owned
by the partner charging station operator can be booked directly and reliably via Plugsurfing.
Identification number: Unique number used to identify customers.
Partner-charging station operators Together, the: partner charging station operators form the Plugsurfing network, wherein charging procedures can be started using the Plugsurfing app and/or the Charging Key.
Charging Key: RFID key ring with which charging procedures can be started.
Plugsurfing-App: App for iOS and Android with which users can find and provide feedback on charging
stations. A charging process can be started with the app.
§3 Conclusion of the contract
The contract between Plugsurfing and the user is concluded by means of registration on the
(1) The prices for the loading capacity of 3,7 kW/h are in line with the models of the partner charging station operators. Specifically, the basis of calculation is as follows:
(2) All prices are valid inclusive of VAT and are indicated on the Plugsurfing app and the website before the start of the charging process.
(3) If the price indicated on the Plugsurfing app and/or the website does not correspond to the price
mentioned in §4 (1) (e.g. in case of diverging charging capacity), then only the price indicated on the
Plugsurfing app and/or the website is relevant.
§5 Operation & use
(1) Users can directly book charging time at the stations run by the partner charging station operators using the Plugsurfing app or the Charging Key. The charging station will then be activated, provided it is functional.
(2) The payment function of the Plugsurfing app as well as RFID-card operates only within the Plugsurfing network. Charging stations outside of the network require a separate contract with the corresponding operator of the charging station.
(3) The Charging Key can be used exclusively for charging at the charging stations within the Plugsurfing network.
(4) The electric vehicle that is charged via a charging station as well as the required tools such as the
cable must satisfy all the valid legal provisions at all times. Plugsurfing is not liable in the case whereby
the electric vehicle cannot be charged or cannot be safely charged due to a defect in the electric
vehicle and/or the used tools.
§6 Due date & payment
(1) The billing of the charging processes activated within a calendar month takes place at the beginning of the following month. The invoicing amount is immediately due for payment.
(2) Payment shall take place by direct debit or charge to a credit card.
(3) Plugsurfing only sends invoices to customers electronically, provided no other provision is agreed in writing.
(4) Users can obtain information regarding previous billing and partial amounts from the current
month that are not yet invoiced by logging into their accounts.
§7 Loss of the charging card
In the event of the loss of the charging card the user should immediately notify Plugsurfing by email
(email@example.com). Plugsurfing will block the charging card following receipt of notification
of the loss and will send a new card to the customer at the cost of 10 euros, chargeable to the
(1) Plugsurfing assumes no liability for the continuous availability of the Plugsurfing app and the website and in particular for the availability of the charging stations and operability of the charging stations and mobile end devices. No liability is assumed for losses/damage arising in particular due to the non-availability of Plugsurfing or the truncation/corruption of the transmitted data and damages that are not attributable to intent or gross negligence on the part of Plugsurfing.
(2) This does not apply in the event of harm to life, body or health.
(3) Declaration regarding the assumption of liability for refunds, returns, return debit and consumers:
“We assume liability for refunds, returns, return debits and contact with the consumer in relation to the payment service and non-functioning apps.
On the other hand, technical problems with the charging station should be reported to the operator
of the correspoding charging station (with its contact number clearly indicated). We assume no
liability for this.”
§9 Contractual term, termination
(1) The contractual term is unlimited and can be terminated with a period of notice to the end of the month. Termination by the customer can be carried out in writing or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and does not require the statement of reasons.
(2) An extraordinary right of termination exists if there is an important reason. In particular, a delay in payment of more than 14 days and the opening of the insolvency procedings over the customer’s assets or refusal to open proceedings due to lack of assets or the filing of an insolvency application by the other contractual party fall under this category. In addition, §314 of the German Civil Code is applicable providing that notice is submitted, at least in the text form, in order to produce legal effects.
(3) The termination of this contract does not affect the existing legal consequences with respect to
the charging processes that have taken place.
§10 Contractual amendments
Plugsurfing will inform the user in writing of contractual amendments at least three months before
their planned coming into effect. The amendments are considered to be authorized if the customer
does not provide objections in writing at least one month before the coming into force of the
amendment. The timely dispatch of the objection is sufficient in order to observe the deadline. These
consequences will be specifically pointed out to users of Plugsurfing upon notification of
§11 Cancellation instruction
You can cancel your contractual agreement in text form (e.g. letter, fax, email) within 14 days without indicating your reasons. The period begins after the receipt of this instruction in text form but not before the conclusion of the contract and also not before the performance of our information obligations pursuant to article 246 §2 in conjunction with §1 section 1 and 2 of the Introductory Act to the German Civil Code and also not before the performance of our obligations pursuant to §312g section 1 clause 1 of the German Civil Code in conjunction with article 246 §3 of the Introductory Act to the German Civil Code. The timely dispatch of the cancellation is sufficient in order to observe the cancellation period. The cancellation should be sent to:
Tempelhofer Ufer 17
Telephone: +49 30 9599814 10
§12 Data protection
(1) Plugsurfing or commissioned service providers collect, process and use data pertaining to the user for the implementation of the contractual relationship pursuant to the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act. Personal data is used exclusively in order to inform the customer about new products and services from Plugsurfing. Data that is not of a personal nature is used for the purposes of market- and public opinion research conducted by Plugsurfing.
(2) The users’ identification numbers are sent to the charging station operator in order to activate the
§13 Applicable law & jurisdiction
The contractual relationship is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany. The exclusive
place of jurisdiction for all disputes.
§14 Severability clause
If some contractual provisions are invalid then the contract shall otherwise remain in force. The contractual parties are obliged to agree in writing the replacement of the invalid provision with the provision that they would have agreed, in good faith and in accordance with legal provisions, had they been aware of the provision’s invalidity.
Tempelhofer Ufer 17
Telephone: +49 30 9599814 10
Court of registration: Charlottenburg District Court
Registry number: HRB 143142B
Managing Directors: Adam Woolway, Jacob van Zonneveld